Tried to test the Alpha release as an end user

Sep 12, 2011 at 7:52 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2011 at 7:55 PM

I have a pc 192.168.2.2 VuDuo 192.168.2.3 (hostname is VUDUO) and nokia n8 symbian anna.  Just wanted to test on the local wireless LAN 1st.

downloaded from this link.  http://dbwebtv.codeplex.com/ also downloaded and installed latest version of VLC Player.

Extracted the files to c:\downloads\.  Not sure if these need to be in a certain folder or complied anyway.

modified the c:\downloads\vlcwebtvn8\VlcWebTvN8.exe.configpath with the following

Domain name to be <value>192.168.2.2</value>

Dreambox host to be <value>vuduo</value>

VLC player to use  <value>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</value>

Saved the file. 

edited the file c:\downloads\vlcwebtvn8\webtv\settings.js with var RSS_URL = "http://192.168.2.2:1235/webtv.rss

zipped the folder c:\downloads\vlcwebtvn8\webtv and renamed the zip file extension to wgz  installed on on Nokia N8 Device.

Launch the application vlcwevtvN8.exe  (tried on windows7 and and windows xp same result)

a windows appears on the windows xp machine saying main window with "0 and stop"checked task manager vlc.exe is not launching. 

Launch the app on the Nokia N8. dreambox web tv appears allow the application to access phone data yes, Accept the licence agreement, Allow connection to network yes, 

Error message on Nokia N8 "There was a problem downloading the content Error code:0"

I guess I need to install the server side software on the windows machine 1st can anyone give me any pointers.  Or would someone be able to compile the server side streaming software into an installable file that can be installed on xp or win7.

Streaming from the enigma2 web interface to  VLC player works fine. (without a nokia device).  so wireless network wise all ok.

I appreciate that this software is in its early stages and I am not a developer so if you need me to hold fire then so be it.   All looks good on the you tube video..  cant wait to get it working...

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:32 PM

THANK YOU so much for your answer....

oh these are instructions!!!

My pc works with W7 and my N8 with Anna too!

I have a problem.....I created a file webtv.wgz but is not installed in my N8:

Ovi error code is 2148532241 and the message in phone is "impossible to install the application"........why ??

Sorry for my school english!     HI !

Sep 13, 2011 at 2:55 PM

you need to zip only the WEBTV folder not the VLCWEBTVN8  folder (so VLCWEBTVN8.exe and VLCWEBTVN8.exe.config are not included in the zip file).

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:19 PM

I know

infact,      I zip only Webtv folder, without    *.exe   and     *exe. config   files, but application don't run......in my N8

but this application need to sign ? or hack phone ?

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:37 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I dont believe my phone is hacked. 

I just right click WebTV folder in windows7 > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder

From Explorer > Organize > Layout > Menu Bar   (so that it displays Tools)

Tools > Folder Options > View

Untick Hide extensions for known file types. (this will then display the .zip extension)

rename webtv.zip to webtv.wgz

Right Click the webtv.wgz > Send To > Bluetooth

Send it to my nokia.  Once all recieved.  Its displayed on the home screen click the file to install.  (it installs everytime for me).

I am installing mine to my memory card, have you tried installing there.

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Thanks,

but the application don't run!

I know how to change extension file on W7 (however thanks for your instructions)

I send webtv.wgz with OVI, usb (with copy to E:)  and bluetooth and this is ok, but no run!

My phone have Anna v. 024.001 date 29/07/2011.........personal version 024.001.229.02 date 19/08/2011

I'don't understand where wrong

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:40 PM

OK OK it's run! My error is created *.rar with winrar then i used 7-zip with selection zip file.......change the extension and work !!!!! but.......................

I have the same error have you:

"There was a problem downloading the content Error code:0"   after 1 minute run application on my N8

Why?  wrong network address on file config ?

Sep 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM

NO work....

there is the windows on pc with "0 and stop"........sometimes W7 says "no run webtv".........................................................

However my pc is 192.168.0.2    router 192.168.0.43     tcp port?   1235 open to firewall

in settings program i put 192.168.0.2 and name Laptop-HP

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM

my *config.exe :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<sectionGroup name="applicationSettings" type="System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >
<section name="VlcWebTvN8.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false" />
</sectionGroup>
</configSections>
<applicationSettings>
<VlcWebTvN8.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="ListeningPort" serializeAs="String">
<value>1235</value>
</setting>
<setting name="DomainName" serializeAs="String">
<value>192.168.0.2</value>
</setting>
<setting name="DreamboxHost" serializeAs="String">
<value>Laptop-HP</value>
</setting>
<setting name="TranscodeProfile" serializeAs="String">
<value>transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=384,fps=25,width=320,acodec=mp4a,ab=96,channels=2,samplerate=44100}</value>
</setting>
<setting name="VLCPath" serializeAs="String">
<value>c:\Programmi\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</value>
</setting>
</VlcWebTvN8.Properties.Settings>
</applicationSettings>
</configuration>

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM

my N8 is 192.168.0.5

modify string to setting.js :

//The URL containing the feed for WebTV. Change to your URL.
var RSS_URL = "http://192.168.0.2:1235/webtv.rss";

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:39 AM

However, if you get the way to run Webtv on W7, please contact me.....I'll do it, too

Thanks

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Ok Glad you got the install working in the end to your N8.  I was not trying to patronise you with the instructions of creating the file just wanted to let you know step by step what I was doing so that we are on the same page.   I think we need to install some software first to windows7 (the server software).  I guess this would need compiling with visual studio.  I have no developer skills but this software interests me that I might download a copy of visual studio to see if I can get any further.

We are both at the same point now.  Although I think I have spotted a mistake in your config file.  The dreambox host should be the hostname of your dreambox.  dm8000 or dm800 or whatever your enigma2 receiver is called.

Maybe we should wait until the beta release.  when we have some better instructions, 

Sep 14, 2011 at 10:58 AM

Thanks, i'm happy too,

but dreambox is hardware machine ?  no my pc ?

if yes,  ahhhh!

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Someone got up and running? I get code: 0.
Please put a more detailed explanation about the configuration. I put the ip of the network box. If anyone has got or even the author of the application you please explain.
I watched the video of the application is spectacular and really worth the lack of information to set up.
Cumps

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:19 PM

I believe to need a box called enigma 2,

but i have no it

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I have a 800HD and it does not work. always says error: 0 I do not know if I'm doing something wrong? set our IP network? or our host? which ports to open on the router? tcp? udp? open to the dream or the PC server? if someone has this working please help that

Sep 23, 2011 at 8:19 AM

moric  in answer to your question regarding enigma2 all new linux satellite recievers will be running enigma2 software (OpenEnigma) so if you have a dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 800, Dreambox 8000, Dreambox 500HD, Vu+Solo Vu+Duo, Vu+Uno, Extrend ET5000 and Extrend ET90000.   It will be running an image that is based on the Linux Open Source Enigma2. 

migl87.  We all getting the same error as yourself,   I think we need someone who is a developer who has knowledge of visual studio so that the source code can be compiled.  Until we get some better installation instructions we are going to struggle with progressing with this.

I have emailed Pato but have had no repsonse as yet....

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I tried to change the port to port 80 and the program has to connect without any error but does not show any channel list. just stay connected.
Anyone know what are the rss feed on the dreambox? You need to activate something?

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2011 at 10:43 AM

how to configure it?

three days I try

please

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I'm already trying for a week and always without success. Yesterday I changed the port to 80 instead of 1235 and the program opens without giving any error but does not show any channel. The problem is that RSS_URL I do not know what it is.

Sep 25, 2011 at 1:55 PM

I do not understand how such a program, which surely gave work to create not have more information on the Internet. No general tutorial, nothing. I do not understand

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I did it !!!!!

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I tell you tomorrow as I did

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Well done ermejo !!!!!   This is fantastic news.       Have you also managed to get the picons working ?  I will await your update...

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Server:

• Edit VlcWebTvN8.exe.config: <setting name="DomainName" serializeAs="String">:    <value>ip of your pc</value>               <setting name="DreamboxHost" serializeAs="String">:     <value>ip of your dreambox</value> 
  • <setting name="VLCPath" serializeAs="String">                <value>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</value>
  • Start VlcWebTvN8.exe

Client:

• Edit line var RSS_URL = "http://ip of your pc:1235/webtv.rss";
  • Compress WebTV folder to WebTV.zip (Complete Folder, not only content)
  • Rename WebTV.zip to WebTV.wgz
  • Copy WGZ-File to your Symbian phone
  • Select in file manger and install
  • give permission to the firewall or disable it!!!!!!!!!
Sep 29, 2011 at 11:22 AM

I am working to do work remotely (dyndns) ;-)

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I am sure I have done all that.  what extra bits did you do.  can you talk me though how you installed the server software ?  Have you got picons working ?

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2011 at 5:13 PM

you do not need any software, VLC takes care of everything, learn more about my config. 

p.s.

use vlc 1.1.11

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Ok Excellent are you using the latest VLC and windows 7. Also what dreambox do you have and what image do you have on your dreambox. I will test tonight when I get in.

you do not need any software, VLC takes care of everything, learn more about my config

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:20 PM

attention to the windows firewall!!!!!!!

Sep 29, 2011 at 5:23 PM

dm800 with dream elite 1.0

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Does not work with me. I made the configuration as described above, but as soon as I open the program on the mobile phone server crashes and closes with error on windows. I have tried compatibility mode, administrator but always without success. Use windows 7 64bit. Any idea?

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:13 PM

to authorize the windows firewall is no longer the server error, if you disable the firewall on the server gives error while the program is on the phone with the image "dreambox webtv" and that's about it. You must open a port on the router?

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:52 PM

need to open some port on the router? need to install any plugin on dreambox?

My configuration is

<value>1235</value>
            </setting>
                <value>192.168.1.4</value>
            </setting>
                <value>192.168.1.100</value>
            </setting>
                <value>transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=384,fps=25,width=320,acodec=mp4a,ab=96,channels=2,samplerate=44100}</value>
            </setting>
                <value>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</value>

----------------------------

var RSS_URL = "http://192.168.1.4:1235/webtv.rss";

What is wrong? win7 use 64bit, I've given permission for the windows firewall lcwebtvn8.exe and does not work.
help

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Ok I used your config and matched up with my ip addresses.  When I double click VlcWebTvN8.exe I get a windows pop up Saying Main window 0 and stop. I check task manager vlcwebtvn8.exe is running but vlc.exe is not.  Do I need to do anything with VLC player 1st other than install it,  I have the latest version 1.1.11 intalled.  I also downloaded this version "Server and Client recommended download from here http://dbwebtv.codeplex.com/releases/view/72955

Not the download from the source code here. 

http://dbwebtv.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets 

could you give us some step by step instructions of what you do with the client as I feel that all my configuration settings are correct but I am still doing something wrong.

For example whch one to download.  what to install.  What to launch how to get VLC player streaming etc...  I am pulling my hair out. 

Also if I start firefox and access the web interface click the tv to launch vlc player which then plays the stream through vlc if I then start VlcWebTvN8.exe then start the application on my n8 I accept all the passwords and prompted with the following error,  There was a problem downloading the content Error code 500 internal server error. 

I feel I need to transcode the stream down so it can play on my n8 but it does not seem to be working. a step by step instruction would be good or a video demo uploaded onto you tube if possible.

*** note During all my tests the windows firewall is disabled for testing purposes and get the same result.

thanks

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:50 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Ok I have a got it working also... (use the same configuration settings which ermeo mentioned.

I have a vuduo Connected via a network cable direct to my wireless router.

1) download and install VLC player the latest version

2) download the link from here http://dbwebtv.codeplex.com/releases/view/72955

3) for windows7 Run firewall.cpl  > advanced Settings >Right Click inbound rule > New Rule > TCP Specfic port 1235

3a:) do the same for outbound rule.

4) launch vlc.exe do nothing with it just launch it.

5) launch vlcwebtvn8.exe

6) launch the Dreambox app from nokia N8. (make sure you are connected to your wireless internet first)

7) agreee to all pop ups. 

8) Once connected  Click on the 3 lines and select WLAN only yes.

Click on one of the channels to watch it. 

It then streams hooray,.... 

(no need to configure anything on your router if you are just streaming on the LAN)

Sep 30, 2011 at 7:54 PM
Edited Sep 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM
When I open the program crash the server by mobile phone. Whether in compatibility mode, administrator etc.. Even if you try to access the browser to the link in this setup it closes with error windows. what will be?
Win7 64bit
Oct 1, 2011 at 8:22 AM
Edited Oct 1, 2011 at 8:25 AM
migl87 wrote:

need to open some port on the router? need to install any plugin on dreambox?

My configuration is

<value>1235</value>
            </setting>
                <value>192.168.1.4</value>
            </setting>
                <value>192.168.1.100</value>
            </setting>
            </setting>
                <value>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</value>

----------------------------

var RSS_URL = "http://192.168.1.4:1235/webtv.rss";

What is wrong? win7 use 64bit, I've given permission for the windows firewall lcwebtvn8.exe and does not work.
help

your configuration is correct!!

what version of VLC you have?

you have disabled the firewall? (totally disabled)

you do not need open any port to the router!

Oct 1, 2011 at 8:33 AM

also disable the antivirus

Oct 1, 2011 at 7:13 PM

've tried everything but whenever I try to open the application by mobile phone or even put the ip address: 1235/webtv.rss browser from my pc crash the server. (Stops responding)

Use the win7 64bit.

vlc is latest version.

firewall disable or enable server crash

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Perhaps there is an incompatibility with Windows 7

I do not know 'what to say

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:49 AM

More than likely a compatibility issue with the 64bit edition of windows,  I am using windows7 with the latest version of VLC and it works.  Can you stream from your dreambox web interface to your pc using VLC Player (not using the N8) ?

Add the inbound and outbound rules for your firewall and test again. ( I know you have disabled your firewall but I did the same, I disabled my firewall service and it was not until I re-enabled my firewall and added the inbound and outbound rules that it started working.

If that fails can you create a VM or virtual pc of windows7 and try that. 

Oct 28, 2011 at 9:14 AM
Edited Oct 28, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Hello, what port configure on my router ?  Because i want streaming over internet (dyndns.org). I map port 1235 in router on IP my komputer, but in my N8 over internet view only channel list, but when i on tv program revolves around, and no image, VLC in computer not run. In local lan all work OK. I think that one port 1235 is not enough to stream the internet. Sorry for English

Nov 3, 2011 at 6:46 PM

you have a firewall issue

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Work now good over internet. In <setting name="DomainName" serializeAs="String"> i have no ip, but domain name dyndns.org, and now work good.   Verry good program, when update ? and finally version in ovi store ?

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:29 AM
Edited Dec 10, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Guys, they're working on the amendments of this program? Zero information on this topic !

In source code, i see  in WP7 guide "record". Is symbian too ?

Dec 12, 2011 at 8:39 AM
Edited Jan 5, 2012 at 4:26 PM

How do you know this ? The source code has not changed since, Change Set 62943 ‎08 ‎June ‎2011. 

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

How add picon ?

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Yes in the video of casa-del-stilfer or what ever the website is called he scrolls through the channel and you see the picture of the channel (picon)...

dbwebtv-62943.zip\DBWebTV\WP7Guide\picon\picon\png

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM

hi here are my configs can any1 tell me wer im going wrong?

I get "error code 0" when i open the widget. Ive made firewall exception, open vlc, open vlcwebtvn8.exe and then run the widget?

any help is much appreciated 

//The URL containing the feed for WebTV. Change to your URL.var RSS_URL = "http://192.168.0.2:1235/webtv.rss";

</sectionGroup>    </configSections>    <applicationSettings>        <VlcWebTvN8.Properties.Settings>            <setting name="ListeningPort" serializeAs="String">                <value>1235</value>            </setting>            <setting name="DomainName" serializeAs="String">                <value>192.168.0.4</value>            </setting>            <setting name="DreamboxHost" serializeAs="String">                <value>192.168.0.2</value>            </setting>            <setting name="TranscodeProfile" serializeAs="String">                <value>transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=384,fps=25,width=320,acodec=mp4a,ab=96,channels=2,samplerate=44100}</value>            </setting>            <setting name="VLCPath" serializeAs="String">                <value>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</value>            </setting>        </VlcWebTvN8.Properties.Settings>    </applicationSettings></configuration>